PLEASE NOTE: Please email for questions on wait times.
Things to have completed before handing over your quilt:
- It is very important that you provide adequate backing and/or batting for your quilt. This means that your batting and backing should be a mandatory 4 inches wider on all sides. For example, if your quilt is 90″ x100″ inches, your batting and backing MUST be a minimum of 98″ x 108″. Your quilt top is required to be trimmed and pressed, and your backing is required to be trimmed, pressed, and squared.
*** If your backing is not squared, there will be an additional fee for prepping it. ***
- If your top is not square and flat, please be aware that there may be an additional charge for working with your quilt, based on the additional time it takes to quilt it. While I strive to make certain that we have covered these issues during the intake process, if this should happen I will call you and speak to you directly about your top before continuing.
- Additionally, all threads must be trimmed on the back before it is accepted. It will be noted on your intake sheet, if otherwise, and charges added for trimming, ironing and mending popped seams. I charge $25.00/hour for these services.
First, determine square inches: Length in inches x width in inches.
From $0.015 to $0.04 / square inch
Pricing is based on complexity
From$.025 to $0.03 / square inch
All-overs or edge-to-edge
From $.035 to $0.04 / square inch
Quilts with borders and edge to edge, some ruler work
From$.040 and up/ square inch
Extensive stitch in the ditch, two or more patterns, all-over dense freehand quilting (think dense, Angela Walters in style) and gridwork
For other designs, please call to discuss options for your quilt.
First, determine square yards: (Length in inches x width in inches) / 1296
Note: If you do not provide your own batting, I will use Quilter’s Dream Select 70/30 batting, and can order other batts by request. $9 / square yard
Solid color thread: $1.00/bobbin
Variegated thread: $2.00/bobbin
First, determine linear feet: (length in inches + width in inches) x 2
Binding (supplied by customer) sewn to top, finished by customer $2.00/linear ft
Binding (supplied by customer) sewn to top, and machine finished $2.50/LF
Binding (supplied by customer) sewn to top, and hand finished $3.50/LF
If you wish to get in the queue, please feel free to email me at mandy at mandalei dot com or to call me directly at 518-290-7141. I am happy to answer any questions you may have!
Some of my recent work
- “All Together Now”, detail.
- My pattern and quilting published in Modern Quilts Unlimited Summer 2013.
- Superior’s So Fine and Lava threads, freehand.
- My pattern and quilting have been published in Modern Quilts Unlimited Summer 2013.
For out-of-area customers:
Our work together will be a little different than local customers. When you quilt top arrives…
- I will email you to set up phone time to go over your quilt top.
- During our phone chat, we’ll discuss the quilt top and design work you would like completed.
- I’ll send you an overview of the conversation along with a general estimate.
- You provide final confirmation so that you can get added to the queue.