PLEASE NOTE: I am booked through the end of 2019, and am not taking in new quilts at this time. Thank you!
Things to have completed before handing over your quilt:
- It is very important that you provide adequate backing and/or batting for your quilt. This means that your batting and backing should be a mandatory 4 inches wider on all sides. For example, if your quilt is 90″ x100″ inches, your batting and backing MUST be a minimum of 98″ x 108″. Your quilt top is required to be trimmed and pressed, and your backing is required to be trimmed, pressed, and squared.
*** If your backing is not squared, there will be an additional fee for prepping it. ***
- If your top is not square and flat, please be aware that there may be an additional charge for working with your quilt, based on the additional time it takes to quilt it. While I strive to make certain that we have covered these issues during the intake process, if this should happen I will call you and speak to you directly about your top before continuing.
- Additionally, all threads must be trimmed on the back before it is accepted. It will be noted on your intake sheet, if otherwise, and charges added for trimming, ironing and mending popped seams. I charge $25.00/hour for these services.
If you wish to get in the queue, please feel free to email me at mandy at mandalei dot com or to call me directly at 518-290-7141. I am happy to answer any questions you may have!
Some of my recent work
- “All Together Now”, detail.
- My pattern and quilting published in Modern Quilts Unlimited Summer 2013.
- Superior’s So Fine and Lava threads, freehand.
- My pattern and quilting have been published in Modern Quilts Unlimited Summer 2013.
For out-of-area customers:
Our work together will be a little different than local customers. When you quilt top arrives…
- I will email you to set up phone time to go over your quilt top.
- During our phone chat, we’ll discuss the quilt top and design work you would like completed.
- I’ll send you an overview of the conversation along with a general estimate.
- You provide final confirmation so that you can get added to the queue.