A while back, I had written about the quilt commission I had for a tree of life, where I planned to use Rose Hughes’s Fast Piece Applique technique. In that time, though, I realized that I had envisioned it as a *really* raw edge applique, to be completed on my longarm rather than on my domestic machine. This would cut down on the cost for my customer, which was a bonus, and I would get to play with lots of fun quilting. Instead of sewing the applique pieces together first, I used a very thin line of glue to keep them together (like the Sharon Schamber method for binding I used last week), and then built the tree.
Things are really moving along! All my fabric has arrived, finally, and I hope to get this up and on the frame by the end of the week.