Welcome, 2019! And welcome to my new book that’s out recently, Inspired Free-motion Quilting! What a long journey it has been over the last year to bring this book to fruition.
I wrote this with my co-author Bill Volckening, whose quilts form the basis for the motifs in the book. Of the hundreds of quilts in his collection, we went through each and everyone and came up with a set of interesting and important pieces that are also inspirational.
From these quilts, I created more than 90 continuous-line quilting motifs for machine quilters: each design has one start and stop! Along with a chapter about how to set yourself up for success with quilting tools, there is a chapter on how to riff off the designs and create something totally your own. Inspired Free-motion Quilting is a blend of history and the art and craft of quilting, and I think it’s something pretty special.
To celebrate this New Year full of potential and promise, I’ve put together a blog tour for the book with an interesting group of makers! While this book is meant for machine quilters, the people participating in this blog hop have quite a wide variety of interests and skills. They’ll be sharing how they use Inspired Free-motion Quilting in their own creative work.
- January 7: C&T Publishing for the kickoff, Bill Volckening
- January 8: Amanda Murphy of Amanda Murphy Design, Kim Lapacek of PersimonDreams
- January 9: Teri Lucas, Lynn Harris, Stephanie Palmer of The Quilter’s Planner, Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts,
- January 10: Robin Koehler of NESTLINGS by Robin, Patty Murphy of Patty Murphy Handmade, Mary Abreu of Confessions of a Craft Addict
- January 11: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts, and me! Amanda Leins of Mandalei Quilts
As you can see, there are going to be lots of chances to win an e-copy of the book, and on the final day, Friday 1/11/2019, come back here for the Grand Prize giveaway! The Grand Price includes not only a copy of my book, but a Quilter’s Planner set to help you plan out your quilting and crafting projects through the year! I’ll even let you pick your favorite color. What’s better, is that I’ll pay to ship the planner wherever you are, nationally or internationally. So head on over to the C&T kick-off blog post where I share the fun story about how Bill and I first started talking quilts!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!